In this episode Joe and Dan speak to strength entrepreneur Mark Taysom. Mark was the director of Strength & Conditioning at Fort Carson Military base where he supervised the training of over 8,000 soldiers. He was instrumental in developing the Iron Horse Performance Optimization Program designed to reduce military related injuries. For his efforts Mark has won multiple awards from the Surgeon General of the Army for “Excellence in Fitness Instruction.” Along with his work with the military Mark is also a nationally ranked strongman competitor who has held a Top Ten national ranking for the five years. Mark has a very holistic philosophy toward training and analogates training to surfing in that you can only take what the waves give you choosing the right times to go all out or recover.
• How getting beat in the weight room by girls fueled his fire.
• Falling into education and finding human performance.
• Marks philosophy on training. Training is like surfing…You can only take what the waves give you.
• No template training.
• Learning how to choose the right time to go hard and the right time to recover.
• Working with 8,000 soldiers at Fort Carson.
• How his program helped prevent a ton of injuries and started winning over the military brass.
• Free the minds of your athletes.
• The “art” of coaching to remove the Xs & Os.
• Working with our coach “Sarge” Sean Mathis when he was in the Army.
• Working with the Denver Broncos
• Competing in strongman for over a decade.
• His newest project Yoke & Stone & Teaching High School S&C
This episode is brought to you by
Varsity House Gym
a world leader in strength & conditioning.
For more information go to www.varsityhousegym.com.
To attend a Business of Strength Mentorship and turn your passion into a real profession head over to: www.strengthentrepreneurs.com
Thank you to everyone who listens we truly appreciate it! Please take the time to leave a FIVE STAR iTunes review.